Click on the button to read this article in Hindi – Hindi
Matar Chaat Recipe is one of the most famous chaats in India. All age people love to eat this chaat and they all ready at any time to eat it. We have seen a good rush at such chaat corner or chaat shop in the local market, especially in the evening time. This chaat recipe can be made very easily and it doesn’t take a long time to prepare. It is also a very healthy recipe with having a very yummy taste. So friends let’s start to make this recipe at home.
So let’s have a look at the essential things which are required to make Matar Chaat Recipe.
What type of Matar Chaat Recipe is?
This dish is for how many people?
For 2 – 3 people
Required time for it.
In about 15 to 20 minutes
Ingredients required to make Matar Chaat Recipe:-
- Peas (2 cups)
- Onions (1 finely chopped)
- Potatoes (medium size)
- Tomatoes (1 finely chopped)
- Baking Soda (½ teaspoon)
- Lemon (1)
- Green chutney (1 teaspoon)
- Asafoetida (1 pinch)
- Red chili powder (½ teaspoon)
- Imli Chutney (1 teaspoon)
- Cumin (½ teaspoon)
- Mango powder (half a teaspoon)
- Black salt (one-fourth teaspoon)
- Chaat Masala (1 teaspoon)
- Coriander Powder (half a teaspoon)
- Coriander (2 tablespoons finely chopped)
- Oil (2 teaspoons)
- Salt (according to your taste)
Method of making Matar Chaat Recipe:-
- First of all, Soak the peas in clean water for 3 to 4 hours and then take them out.
- Now take a pressure cooker and put potatoes, peas, water, asafoetida, baking soda and wait for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Now place the pan on the gas and pour a sufficient amount of oil to roast cumin seeds. Now put cumin seeds and roast it for a few moments.
- After roasting the cumin seeds, add tomatoes and roast them for the next 2 minutes.
- Now add boiled peas, potatoes, mango powder, red chilli powder coriander powder, and garam masala.
- Now you need to add half a cup of water and salt and mix them all properly and cook the mixture till the water gets dry.
- Turn off the gas and take out the cooked mixture on a plate and add onion, lemon juice, Imli Chutney, Green chutney, chaat masala and mix all these properly.
- Now add chopped coriander over the chaat. You can also add Bhujiya sev to the chaat to increase its taste.
Your Matar Chaat Recipe is ready. Now serve it and enjoy the yummy taste. Here below we have given some more snapshots of chaats to increase your hunger.