Click on the button to read this article in Hindi – Hindi
Best Suran ki Sabji:- Suran vegetable which is also known as Jimikand vegetables, and in English it is called elephant foot yam. But most of us know this vegetable by the name of Suran. Many people have seen this vegetable in the market but they don’t know to cook it hence no need to worry, we have taken this recipe for you. Here we are telling you to prepare the Suran ki Sabji Recipe to enjoy its taste.
So let’s have a look at the essential things which are required to make Suran ki Sabji Recipe.
What type of Suran ki Sabji Recipe is it?
This dish is for how many people?
For 2 – 3 people
Required time for it.
In about 15 to 20 minutes
Ingredients required to make Suran ki Sabji Recipe:-
- Suran (250 grams)
- Red chilli powder (one-fourth teaspoon)
- Curd (100 gm)
- Lemon (1)
- Tomato (2 medium sizes)
- Onion (one large size)
- Turmeric (half a teaspoon)
- Green chili (2 finely chopped)
- Ginger (half-inch piece)
- Asafoetida (a pinch)
- Cumin (½ teaspoon)
- Coriander Powder (half a teaspoon)
- Garam Masala (half a teaspoon)
- Green Coriander (2 tablespoons finely chopped)
- Salt (according to your taste)
- Oil (2 teaspoons)
Method of making Suran ki Sabji Recipe:-
- First, clean the Suran and wash it with water.
- Now apply oil on your hands, peel it properly and chop it into small thin pieces.
- Apply lemon juice in the slices and leave it for the next 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it with water.
- Make a paste of onion, green chilli, and ginger by using the mixer/grinder machine and keep it aside.
- Now make tomato paste by using the mixer/grinder machine.
- Now put oil in a pan and fry the sliced Suran till it becomes slightly golden.
- Now heat 2 spoons of oil in a pan or cooker and then add asafoetida and cumin seeds, and then add the onion, green chilli, and ginger paste into it and roast it for a moment then add tomato paste, red chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder.
- Roast all the spices properly till it leaves the oil
- Now add curd and keep stirring it for a few seconds and then add fried Suran (Jimikand) into the mixture.
- You can salt according to your taste and pour some amount of water to make the puree. Place the lid and cook it for the next 10 to 12 minutes in a low medium flame.
- Turn off the gas knob and put chopped green coriander over the vegetable.
- Your Suran ki Sabji Recipe is ready to eat.
Your Suran ki Sabji Recipe is ready. Now serve it with roti or rice and enjoy the taste.